Let's all do the holiday meme!
Make a post (public, friends-locked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love an icon of 'X' that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real life things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
Here's My Lot:
1. A well-appointed bungalow by the sea, within easy reach of London.
2. A 28-inch TV/VCR/DVD combi.
3. A working printer/scanner and a patient geek to come around, set it up and give me some practical help to set up a daily doodle/diary strip home.
4. A nice city break somewhere interesting. Riga? Krakow?
5. A big strong tricycle with a basket on the back, and old-fashioned pedal brakes.
6. Kim & Aggie with their cleaning crew, to come around and help me get rid of all my junk. While they're here they can replace my foul old carpets with new lino, and give the place a lick o' paint.
7. Something from the ol' Amazon wish list.
9.Smooth, shiny bristol board,A 3 4 or 5
10. Kiddie sweets, especially Kosher ones.
OK, come on and share your most outrageous greedygrasp dreams...
Alas, Robert Altman is brown bread. I figured his mind must be getting crumbly when he had that recent disaster at the Old Vic. He's left a lot of good stuff behind, anyway.
Always unable to resist the gloomy, I watched that RAINING IN MY HEART documentary about hopeless alcoholics last night. Mother of God... enough to put you off even moderate consumption forever. I rather liked Vanda. Unlikely as it is, I hope she pulls through, somehow.